The Novi Sad Synagogue in Jevrejska Street is one of four synagogues in our country, built in the early twentieth century (1906-1909) according to the project of Lipót Baumhorn, Hungarian architect. There are buildings on both sides of it – to the left was a Jewish primary school, today a high ballet school, and on the other side is a Jewish municipality building. The building itself presents a mixture of different styles. The Novi Sad Synagogue is no longer active and is used as a concert and theatre play venue. Since 1991 this synagogue has been included in the spatial cultural and historical unit of great importance and enjoys the second degree of protection of the Republic of Serbia.