The former Puppet theatre of the ‘Sokolsko društvo’ in Novi Sad became the famous Youth Theatre, the first puppet theatre in Serbia and Vojvodina. It is located in Ignjata Pavlasa Street, in the centre of Novi Sad. Founded back in 1932, the theatre has been changing its name for decades. The first play performed in the Puppet theatre was the ‘Kraljević iz Podzemlja’ and mobile stage, 11 puppets and the play itself were brought from Ljubljana. During Warld War II, the Theatre was closed and suffered heavy damage – puppets, stage, costumes were destroyed or stolen. After the war, the theatre continues with its work as the ‘Vojvođansko pozorište’ continued its work with great difficulty. The names changed into City theatre and Puppet theatre, and in 1968, it finally got its today’s name.